Earlier this month, we went along to get a glimpse into the stylist brain of the ever gorgeous Erin from Hope & Lace at HOORAY! Magazine’s Brisbane Stylesesh at The Bride’s Market and boy, were we ever spoilt!
Mood boards, delicious treats from EatDrink catering and possibly the best tasting cakey-mousse in a jar from The Cake That Ate Paris, the event not only featured some of the cream of the Brisbane wedding crop, but also proved very useful for the brides who came armed with piles of magazine clippings inspiring their dream weddings.
Our key takeouts from the night? It was hard to narrow it down to just a few, but we’ll try!
- Your venue is the first choice you make, and impacts pretty much every wedding decision – so make sure you love it!
- Once you’ve booked a venue, go through all of your Pinterest boards and delete anything that doesn’t fit with your chosen location.
- Stationery is the first thing people see – so keep it consistent with the rest of your theme.
- Choose vendors who work well together. You’ll be able to tell the vendors who have worked at your venue before, and who have worked together as a team by checking out the credits on wedding blogs.
- If your wedding guests recognise elements that are uniquely you, they will feel more comfortable at your wedding – and you want your guests to feel at home!
- Having a marquee wedding? You’ll need to add texture. The same goes for an all white wedding – if everything is white, you’ll need to bring depth through the textures you choose.
- Step away from wedding trends!
- Spend your money where people will look! The ceremony area is where everyone’s eyes will be, so make sure it looks gorgeous!
The lovely Shane Shepherd was the resident snapper on the night, and we love these colourful shots!
Images via HOORAY!